At this time, this template is designed for mainly Linux distributions. Thus, it uses many commands that are basically available on most Linux distributions (e.g.
tput...). Basically, with some few efforts this template can be used on another operating system (e.g. Windows and MacOS)... this is planed in future prospects (when I’ve got time!).
Prior to use the pandoc-df-thesis-template the following applications must be available on your system:
- Pandoc for converting the Markdown to the output format of your choice.
- PP – A generic Pre-processor (with Pandoc in mind).
makebuild system: all the template build workflow relies on the use of a
Makefile. Thus, you should have a suitable
- A LaTeX distribution (e.g. TeXLive, MiKTeX, MacTeX…)
Useful (recommanded) pre-requires
- ImageMagick : for image conversion between the different target.
- NPM : for complementary packages (eg. Bootstrap, JQuery, MathJax, svgo...) mainly to deal with the HTML target.
- SASS (Syntactically Awesome Style Sheets): a style-sheet language to manage CSS for HTML target.