The D. Folio (df) template for writing a thesis dissertation using Pandoc.
html: single (based solely on Pandoc) and multi (based on Jekyll) HTML file, e.g. for web-publications;
epub: EPUB v3 ebook;
docbook5: XML/DocBook (v5) and HTML chunked files (limited support);
odt: LibreOffice/OpenOffice OpenDocument;
docx: Microsoft Word;
With the use of a full featured
Makefile all the build process is performed automatically, obviously once it is configured properly!
This template is not intended to be a standalone direct use template:
- Some packages (e.g. Pandoc, PP, LaTeX...) must be installed prior to take advantage of this template.
- Some basic behaviors that you may not want have been defined and hard-coded in the
Makefile. To disable some unwanted rules, it is necessary to know how to modify the
- From now, it is difficult to consider using this template without the
At this time, this template is designed for mainly Linux distribution. Basically, with some few efforts this template can be used on another operating system (e.g. Windows and MacOS)... this is planed in future prospects (when I’ve got time!).
- Fork it : go to the pandoc-df-thesis repository and hit the fork button in the upper right corner.
- Create your feature branch (
git checkout -b my-new-feature)
- Commit your changes (
git commit -am 'Add some feature')
- Push to the branch (
git push origin my-new-feature)
- Create a new Pull Request with your contributions
- Please give me your feedbacks or share the template on your social-networks (show the [Github pages][doc] documentations for this)
For any troubleshooting read, and (eventually) [create an issue][this-issues] on [pandoc-df-thesis-template]this-repo repository.